The Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, who had earlier said that if certain things did not change she will not support her husband, Muhammadu Buhari, in his second term bid, has reconsidered her earlier threats judging by current happenings.
Recall, that Mrs. Buhari drew worldwide attention, when she criticised her husband in an October 2016 interview with BBC, saying that, she feared his administration was veering from its mandate to the people, during that interview she expressed doubt that she would support him if he seeks re-election, unless he implemented immediate changes in personnel and policies.
However; going by present reports, Ayisha Buhari has constituted a Campaign Team for Buhari, according to reports, the Team is made up of the Wife of the Vice President, Dolapo Osinbajo, Senators and Governors wives, Ministers, former Governors, Heads of Federal Agencies, and Entertainers.
According to a statement released by Ayisha Buhari’s spokesman, Suleiman Haruna, the team, with about 700 members, is drawn from across the country. Chairing the constituted team is Ayisha Buhari herself while the wife of the vice president Dolapo Osinbajo is vice chairman.
- Mrs. Adejoke O. Adefulure, and wife of Nasarawa State Governor,
- Mrs. Mairo Al-Makura, – Vice Chairpersons for the South and North, respectively.
- Haj. Salamatu Baiwa Umar-Eluma, – National Coordinator of the Team,
- Barr. Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagu (Dep. Nat. Coordinator – South)
- Haj. Binta Muazu (Dep. Nat. Coordinator – North).